Monday, March 18, 2013

The Days Are Long but the Years Are Short

It's funny how time seems to slip through your fingertips. It's bittersweet in a way that I feel needs no explanation.

Absolutely in LOVE with the lighting in this picture.

Through my many --or by most standards, not any at all-- years of living, I've started to realize the reality of a well known saying:

"The days are long, but the years are short."

And I couldn't agree more.


I'm a sucker for good quotes. I collect them like little boys collect Pokemon cards, tucking them into my back pocket and when the times right, I play them. And I play them well.

Pinterest has fed my addiction of well said wordings for a while now, and I've got a whole stash. If we were still on the Pokemon analogy, I'd be like the king of the playground, but we're not, so I'll stop.

Anyways. Skip back a couple paragraphs. The quote is a beautiful reminder to be grateful for the moment and to make your time worthwhile, but I'm going to stop there before things get too cliche.



It seems that the older we get, the more we become aware of our time. It's suddenly started to hit me. My years in high school are numbered and I've got big decisions to make. All of my decisions are so important and a lot bears on the choices I'm making. They started small and now they're becoming more and more complex. It's like when you're getting into a cold pool and you dip your toes in first before somebody comes up from behind and shoves you in.

I'm dipping my toes into the vast ocean of freedom, anticipating the push into the flying water any second.

I'm so flipping proud of this picture. Holaaaa.

So go out and enjoy your time. Go shopping. Wake up late. Eat out. And make everything fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment