Tuesday, April 23, 2013

There are Good People

I'm pretty irritated.

Following every heart breaking event created by an inhumane human, social media has been on fire with posts about how there are only bad people, the world is awful, etc., etc.


To an extent, these people have a point. But I'm thoroughly convinced that they're more wrong than right. Nearly 1.5 million people are in active duty in the military, sacrificing so much to serve for their country. 120,000 children each year are adopted by American families in hopes that they can give a better life for these kids. People everywhere donate time, money, and even personal belongings to help others. I assure you that there are still people out there who have good morals and truly care. I've seen it with my own eyes.


I'm not trying to stand up for those who have done horrible things, so don't get me wrong. There are sick people in this world but the number of good people far exceeds the number of bad.

I'm determined to know, to find, and to shed light on those who are good in America and worldwide. If I had the resources, time, and personal connections I would love to bring these people to you on my blog, but I'm afraid I can't. Maybe my inability to do this is only doing you a favor. Since I can't bring them to you, then it should inspire you to find these people for yourself. I challenge you to restore your faith in humanity. Your own species. Your own people.

Think about it.


Good is such a common word. It's so simple and widely used and yet how can it be that hard to find these what seem nonexistent good people?

Be a witness for the honorable ones. Let others know that actions of gratitude and kindness are happening every day, you just have to look for them.

Trust me, they're there. And I'll be damned if others don't realize it.

Have a fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment