Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Plans for the Future {and Some Black and White Photos}

If you've been around for a while then you know about my growing love for black and white pictures. I was originally going to save these photos for a Wordless Wednesday as I've felt that if I talked anymore about black and white pictures then it would be like beating a dead horse if ya know what I'm sayin', but I'm in the post writing mood.

This week I've had a lot of opportunities to write and I've definitely taken advantage of it. I love being able to sit and write out post after post after post and knowing that I'm actually pretty proud of what I'm writing. I'm by no means an excellent writer, but as I've read older posts I can tell that I'm growing as a writer and a photographer.


And I've loved watching my blog grow as well. I remember when I first got my blog and I would get excited anytime I would get a single view and now I'm getting 20 or 30 views at a time. I'm still in the beginning stages though believe it or not, but I hope to someday reach the point where I consistently get a hundred or two hundred or three hundred new views at a time.

I've also been thinking more and more about the future of my blog and where I'm headed as a writer. I'm constantly writing which explains the spike in recent blog posts. I've also been devoting more time to my blog and trying to "tidy" things up around here. I've been completing blog posts that have been sitting as a draft since as late as February. (February!!) I've also been trying to change things up around here in terms of my header, background, etc.

Also since summer has started I've began to think of new ways to help my blog grow. I've been Googling like a mad woman on how to get more views and more blog traffic and have been putting more effort than ever into getting my blog out there. Nothing makes me more happy than to see that people have been searching for my blog or that people have typed something into Google, and my blog was one of the choices that popped up as a result of their search. It's a rewarding feeling that I wouldn't have expected to get. It's like all those months of writing and those feelings of "why did I ever do this" are turning into something that other people are seeing.


So help a girl out. Comment. Share. Spread the word. Let me know you're reading. Tell me what you love. Tell me what you enjoy. Tell me what you dislike. Tell me what you think I should change. Email me. Hit me up on Instagram. I'm all ears.





I don't have many photos to share and I'm not necessarily in love with all these pictures, but I've figured I kind of have to let go of that. I'm sure there have been pictures that I've loved, but others haven't. I've just been stuck in this place where I haven't really liked the outcome of my pictures recently. In all honesty, if I only shared the pictures that I really liked then there wouldn't be that many pictures posted on this blog. I just wish I had a better camera than an iPhone, but a girl can only dream....

Have a fabulous day.

P.S. Anybody remember that high school series I started ages ago? Well I've been in the process of finishing up the final post for the past few days. This post has probably taken the most amount of time/effort/energy, but don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it. It's coming, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment