Saturday, November 9, 2013

October Favorites

The title of this post is extremely misleading, a lot of emphasis on extremely.

It's more of an explanation then anything, but bare with me here.

When I started my blog, I jumped right in without knowing what I wanted to do. I just started writing posts and then published them until I eventually found my shape and formed the blogger that I am today. I'm still forming her to be honest but it's okay as it's quite the adventure.

When I started my monthly favorites it was more to conform with the hundreds of millions of teenage girls who wrote fashion blogs than it was for my own personal enjoyment/fun. It's kind of sad as it's an exact personification of girls in internet form. I changed what I wanted so I could be like everyone else *sigh*.

On that note, the monthly favorites will essentially be no more. That's not to say I won't occasionally share my new favorite shirt or those fantastically cute boots or the mascara that really does make your lashes look 10x bigger, but not on a  regular basis. And who knows, I may eventually realize that the monthly favorites was so my thing and quitting them was a mistake, but right now I'm just not feeling it.

It's honestly weird that I'm closing this chapter as I love fashion. I love shopping and reading fashion blogs and I indeed spend thirty minutes every morning frantically searching for how I want to represent myself that day in fashion form. I just don't enjoy writing about it and more importantly I HATE trying to take pictures of my shirts and earrings and new concealer. I also hate finding the pictures on the internet after I give up on taking the pictures myself.

It's just not my thing.

My apologies if my monthly favorites were the only reason you followed my blog, but I hope as you've stuck around for all the other non-fashion posts you've grown to love other things about my space on the internet.

So let's go on with life and I'll learn new things about myself and start new things and end old things. As long as we're having fun, I guess it doesn't matter.


Have a fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment