Thursday, December 12, 2013

Nothing to Write, Yet Lots to Say

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read my post from a few days ago. It felt good to get all that struggling and confusion off my chest. I'm hoping that I can get myself together for a second post of that sorts so fingers crossed. Also thanks for all those who took the simple measure to click on your reaction (it's located at the bottom of every post if you're unfamilar) and for the comment and email I received! I know the whole unplural wording of comment and email seems very insignificant, but as a blog writer to 14 followers that's a pretty good outcome.

I love being able to read my comments, emails, and even the reactions that people click at the bottom of my posts. It all seems silly and unimportant, but it's something I enjoy. I love feedback and opinions and advice and thanks so much for sharing them!

In all honesty, I have nothing of signifigance to enlighten you all on today. I'm probably going to ramble on about who knows what because I'm getting that feeling that it's about time for a new post and not having anything to write should never stop anyone.


I'm having a hard time getting myself outside to take pictures in the increasingly cold as a popsicle air. I'm also in dire need of a change of scenery and perhaps a slight change in picture taking devices. I've been using my iPhone for almost a year and I'd love a DSLR, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. My parents have talked about buying one for our entire family's use as they know very little about my photography career, but who knows if that'll ever happen. I also get such fear in the whole choosing a camera process. There are too many choices and brands and models that I don't know if I can ever figure out which one will be just right. I don't want to spend upwards of five or six or even seven hundred dollars and then find out there's a better camera. Sigh.

I'm also holding my breath for some snow.

We had a slight shower a few weeks ago, but it didn't stick in the least and I've been DYING to photograph a snow covered yard. It's such an interesting element and considering I'm always confined to one picture taking space (my yard), a change in anything is a cause for celebration and photo taking.


Also, the countdown for Christmas seemed to have started ages ago and we're already coming really close to the end. If we're being honest here, I always dread Christmas day. We build it up so much in the two months prior to the holiday and yet once my clock hits 12:01 a.m. the day after Christmas, I feel so awful and depressed and yearning for it to all come back. I want to go back to the 24/7 holiday fantasticness and the anticipation of the day that seems to have so much meaning even though I've outgrown the childhood image of it. Christmas is too fleeting and I wish there was a way we could change that.

I always find it so hard to end Christmas and have to somehow continue on with life. I've recently decided to start a petition for a year round Christmas feeling which I hope you will join.



Here's to one more day till the weekend. Enjoy Friday. Throw some confetti and eat cake batter on Saturday. Read a nice book and stuff your face with a few or ten packs of gummies on Sunday. And even enjoy yourself on Monday.

Also, I've just started planning something that I hope will take place every Monday from now on till forever. It's something that I have a lot of interest in and can't wait to share and write every single week.

Until then, have a fantastic day.

6 comments:

  1. I love love love love your photography! It's amazing!
    I like to take photographs too but I'm not too interested in getting a DSLR because all the fancy stuff freaks me out and I prefer simple and easy stuff. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And I totally agree on the whole complicatedness of DSLRs! It's another reason why I'm a tad iffy on committing to one haha.

      Delete
  2. it's nice and warm in Australia at the moment, which we're enjoying (although we would love to experience a white chrsitmas some day soon!). Your photographs are always gorgeous, so we can't wait to see what your pictures turn out like once you get a fancy DSLR!!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos including a great post!! *_* LOVE IT!!!


    REPOST: please leave a comment, this post got deleted and I lost all comments:( If you'll comment I'll be very grateful! http://simplepromise-simplepromise.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/christmas-diy_22.html ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! (And I'll be sure to repost my comment, thanks for letting me know the post got deleted!)

      Delete